Wednesday 1 June 2016

Travelling, Tapering, Treats

Last week was a week of much travelling (something that has continued into this week too). At the weekend I travelled down to Kent for a family get together for my cousin's son's first birthday. Very lovely indeed but with perhaps one too many buffet visits. To break up the homeward journey I stayed over at my parent's and succeeded in getting dad out for a walk around the park. He's a loyal customer of the ice cream truck that stops there but the threat of an extra lap upon purchase seemed to be enough deterrent!

I was back with my parents on the Monday after work to make a dental check up more enjoyable with the prospect of one of mum's wonderful garden lunches. I'd been putting off the check up for a while but knowing it would earn me some Vitality Points was enough incentive to get booking. All's well folks, no incentive to stop eating cake from a dental point of view at the moment!
Garden lunch, Roberts' style.
Talking of Vitality I also joined Virgin Active last week. I get 50% off their rolling monthly membership fee and points every time I attend. I was lucky enough to be able to try one of their yoga classes for free. I'd decided that if I didn't enjoy the class I wouldn't join, as it wouldn't be worth my while, but I'm now armed with a timetable and picking up my card this week. Looking forward to trying some new classes and getting my swim on.

It was a pretty sociable week too. I went to a book club in the village and had a film evening with a friend and a coffee date. "Me" time consisted of an impromptu lunch at Costa (thanks Bounts for the gift card) and a cinema trip on possibly the nicest day of the week. Weather tip - I'm going again on Thursday night so it's bound to be a warm evening... BBQ's at the ready!
Free lunch!
Tapering thankfully coincided with some of the hotter days of the year so far. Even a 9am run proved a bit too toasty for my liking and leafy trail routes are very much in vogue for me as a result. I am still mostly sticking to the out and back routes, not wanting to get lost, but I will explore little by little I'm sure. Club runs will be good for that.

Boxing training was still on the schedule last week and so in a snapshot, my training looked like this:
Saturday: Boxing Training
Sunday: Rest day (2 mile walk around the park)
Monday: Yoga
Tuesday: 5 mile run
Wednesday: Rest day
Thursday: Boxing Training
Friday: 4.5 mile run

How do you like to spend your "me" time?

No comments:

Post a Comment