Wednesday 30 March 2016

Vik's Picks : March 2016

Nothing helps the motivation like a bit of new kit... or indeed cake! I may not have a Spring marathon in the pipeline like so many others, but I've had plenty of other challenges so it's no wonder both feature in my picks this month.


  1. I try my best not to make implies buys but when I saw these 2XU Compression tights on display at the Surrey Half Marathon I managed to at least wait until *after* I'd run the course to buy them. In my defence they were on special offer and in a really cool colour way so I treated myself. They are really comfy for both recovery and training runs (and don't fall down despite lack of drawstring) so two thumbs up here. 
  2. Continuing in my resolution to cook from a different cook book each month, this month I chose Delicious Days, a book I was given as a gift some time ago. I'd marked a number of recipes to try but my favourite so far has been the simplicity of the Blueberry, spinach, goats cheese and cous cous salad!
  3. Given the amount of swimming I was doing this month for Sport Relief it became clear I needed a second swimsuit that actually fitted! My Adidas one had worn out but I'd bought one from Speedo before so stuck with the tried and tested and sought out another Powerback Swimsuit in this funky pattern. I've felt very empowered in the pool! 
  4. Yoga is a really important part of my schedule but my work sometimes means I cat make it to class. Since my Yoogaia trial expired I started looking further afield for free class and have been really enjoying Bad Yogi's free yoga classes. The free sessions are only about 10-15 minutes long but perfect for tacking on to some sun salutations and addressing some trouble areas like hamstrings for runners.
  5. Finally, a few treats have been in order. I was lucky enough to win some Eat Dark Matters brownies a little while ago and was delighted when a box of six vegan Oreo brownies arrived through the post! They are suitably gooey and delicious, PLUS totally freezable! Perfect for keeping on hand to satisfy "swumger" and "runger". I am totally ordering some peanut butter ones next!
What's been your training treat of choice this month? Any new kit purchases in the run up to events?

No comments:

Post a Comment