Wednesday 23 December 2015

How Many Miles Earn You A Mince Pie?

They're singing "deck the halls", but it's not like Christmas at all... mainly because it's so damned warm! I've been doing in my best to be festive but it's hard when you can wander around in a t-shirt quite happily. Don't get me wrong, I'm *really* looking forward to Christmas but it doesn't feel as though it's in just two days time.

Monday was the last Circuits class of the year for Barnes Fitness and featured a Santa hat, seasonal tunes and mince pies. I was quite sad that it was over but I've got one more half term to cover in the New Year so planning for that will commence shortly.
The setting for our afternoon tea at The Vyne
Other efforts to be festive have included an afternoon tea at The Vyne National Trust property, Kew Gardens Christmas trail complete with hot chocolate, roasted chestnuts and a ride on the carousel and a carol concert on Sunday night. I've done stacks of Christmas making and baking and wrapped gifts in front of Christmas films like Scrooged and Elf.
I've even done a couple of festive runs. Bracknell parkrun on Saturday was Christmas themed, with everyone donning festive attire such as Santa hats and Christmas jumpers. I wore long tights and a Santa t-shirt and was baking by the end! Didn't stop me scoffing a mince pie though. More mince pies *and* mulled wine were on offer after the Muddy Welly on Sunday too. I'd run to the event but the return home was at a walking pace...
I finish teaching later today, the last RunFit session of 2015 was last night and I'll be heading back to my parent's for Christmas. I'm going to run Christmas day and Boxing Day, as I clock up a few more towards the grand 100 that I've been working towards all year, and return to teach a few classes on the 29th and 30th.

Monday: Rest day
Tuesday: metafit
Wednesday: Strength training
Thursday: Speed work
Friday: Rest day
Saturday: parkrun & yoga
Sunday: "Muddy Welly" 10k race plus jog there and back (2.5 miles)

Are you planning to run on Christmas day? Feeling festive or decidedly "bah, humbug"?

No comments:

Post a Comment