Monday 20 October 2014

Review : Ozeri Rev Digital Bathroom Scale

Weight is a delicate subject. Just what *is* a healthy weight? What's healthy for you might not be healthy for someone else, not least because the proportion of fat and muscle in the body make a significant difference. I just stepped back on the scales for the first time since the beginning of the summer and didn't really like what I saw, but I'm very happy with the shape I'm in right now so I'm not going to get hung up on it.

In days gone by I've weighted myself regularly, either to monitor weight loss or weight stability, and while I wouldn't advocate weighing yourself more regularly than once a week it's not a bad idea to keep an eye on things. Part of the reason I'd not been weighing myself was because I'd lent my scales to a friend. You can pick up a set of bathroom scales cheaply enough in almost any larger supermarket but I was fortunate enough to be sent a very smart set of digital scales that have a some nice features.
Firstly, the Ozeri Rev digital bathroom scales look rather stylish. I tend to keep my scales tucked away but these are smart enough to have on display. They feature "step on" technology, no nothing to do with the Happy Mondays, but they turn on automatically when you stand on them and turn off again a few seconds after you've stepped off, to conserve battery life. Not only is there a dial but a clear electronic display too. We may not all want to see our weight in such sharp contrast but should you be brave enough it's there in both lbs and kg. These look fancy but there are only two buttons, one to change the LCD readout between kg and lbs and the other to set an alarm to remind you to weight yourself at the same time each day; not something I'd advocate but a nifty feature nonetheless.
I'm very impressed with these scales. I'd probably not have picked them up in a store but having tried them I'm rather smitten with the sleek design and clear read out. If I was asked to pay for them now, I would. 

If you're looking to monitor your weight my advice would be this:
  • weigh yourself now more than once a week
  • take the measurement at the same time on the same day each week (or as near as you can)
  • ideally this should be in the morning before eating or drinking
  • using scales on a hard surface will give you more accurate readings
  • do not get too hung up on the number. Your weight will naturally fluctuate during days, weeks and months.
The Ozeri Rev digital bathroom scales are available from Amazon for £19.99 at the time of writing, batteries included.

Disclaimer: I was sent the Ozeri Rev Digital Bathroom Scale for free in return for an honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment