Wednesday 14 May 2014

Head to Toes

Tell you something, I'm glad to be on the other side of last week. My Level 3 PT workshop and Advance Anatomy & Physiology exams caused me some amount of stress about revising, wondering if I could fit in any exercising around revision, actually revising and changing all my travel plans at the drop of a hat (thanks TFL). In the name of being sensible and focused on the main priority of actually passing my exam I didn't do much in the way of exercise apart from a plank everyday (I'm up to 3 and a half minutes now!) and two 3.5mile runs. 

Lack of exercise makes me restless but other things have also been making me feel a bit giddy and excited so now the exam is out of the way I thought I'd share them with you. Let's start with some vibram five fingers. Yes, they do look weird and freaky, but they are surprisingly comfy so far. I'm not 100% sure I'll keep them but they were a third of the price of the Nike free training shoes I've had my eye on. I'm not intending to run in them but rather to use them in the gym and classes, especially those involving weights. This is partly inspired by James, my instructor on the Kettlebells course, and partly by the pins and needles I sometimes get when doing things like rebounding wearing my running trainers, which are the only sports shoes I own. 


I also got quite a couple of foodie parcels including some nom bars and a case of Dorset cereal that I'd managed to cash in some "Yeokens"on the Yeo Valley website for. I love my food and I love a freebie or a bargain and frankly I can't look at that packaging and not smile.
On nom nom nom!

Other foodie highlights were my first attempt sweet potato chips with home made guacamole and a series of breakfast shakes including pear with butterscotch swirl protein, frozen cherries with cherry bakewell protein and pear, avocado and spinach smoothie. All really tasty.
That's a G'n'T... just to balance out the healthy
Kit and food aside, something I didn't expect to get quite so much enjoyment from this week was meditation. I've been using the Headspace app on my phone most days to do ten minute guided (non-spiritual) meditations which I've thoroughly enjoyed and felt the benefit of. I've probably given people at work something to talk about as I sit on one of the sofas in the canteen with my eyes closed doing these occasionally. There's a ten meditation program you can get for free but I've enjoyed it so much I'll probably sign up for the annual subscription now.

What were your highlights last week. Have you used Headspace or do meditation? 

No comments:

Post a Comment