Friday 18 October 2013

Green Tomatoes and Session Plans

Hello, how are you? That's a lovely outfit you have on. Have I told you lately how much I appreciate you? Well I do so thanks for stopping by to read my ramblings.

So what's new? Well I've been desperate to join a team for the Adidas Thunder Run but to no avail. I've had my first session of PT on my new programme, skipped Body Pump (lazy), went to Body Balance (felt strong), walked the dogs twice (more on that another time) and have a plan to go to parkrun for the second week on the trot tomorrow. This week I have also mostly been eating green tomato cake and writing session plan after session plan for my Gym Instructor assessment next weekend. I'm almost all done and will spend the next week looking like a loon as I practice teaching various stretches and exercises to someone who isn't there... resulting in talking to and possibly shouting at myself as I get the timings and names muddled up AGAIN. It'll be fine. It'll be fine. It will. Probably.

I made the cake because my mum had a surplus of green tomatoes after the plants died and we couldn't bear to waste them. It is addictive. I probably ate half of it in the last four days. I also made chutney but that has to mature for a while. I've also started to get a veg box again so have had no excuse not to eat healthily. The only challenge has been trying to eat things before they go off while not eating the same thing for three days in a row and eating larger portions than usual. I'm failing on that count at the moment. Batches of soup would be the order of the day if I had space to freeze them.

My new PT session is pretty good. I'm doing half an hour of intervals on the treadmill followed by chest press, shoulder press, lat pull down and leg press rounded off by abs work. I'm starting doing 3 sets starting with a manageable weight for 10 reps then increasing it by 5kg for 8 reps and again for 6 reps. It's HARD and I feel like a real weakling but I have to start somewhere and I'm desperate to see the weight increase so I'll persevere. I'm going to try and repeat the programme outside of the PT session but probably not this week as I'm focusing on my assessment.

Next week I'm all over the shop but plan to try out a Group Kick class, get to the gym once and do Body Balance again. I won't be able to fit in a parkrun before my assessment on Saturday 26th but I'll probably go for a run after, either to burn off excitable energy if I pass or to clear my mind if I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment