Friday 24 December 2010

Runners Unite!

I went to my other half's work Christmas party last night. As is often the case with these things, I knew no one and I forgot the names of half the people I was introduced to. I spent a lot of time admiring the other women's dresses. There was one particularly slim woman in a chic black sequinned top who I was about to compliment, that is before she asked me "You're not the girl who runs at Frimley parkrun are you?"

Cue surprised pause...

Turns out she's my pacer from the last couple of weeks who was also geared up for Grim! Her hubby works for company and is also a runner. The know me as the Girl In Pink. Turns out the big boss man (who's completely lovely) is also doing Grim and was trying to persuade me to run the Fleet half marathon with him. Unfortunately it's the same day as the Reading half so I'll have to bow out, also I'm doing Grim in May now and not January with the other three. We all had quite a chat about running to the extent I think the OH felt slightly left out.

One of the reasons I love running... it's a great leveler and really does unite people. Even at office Christmas parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment