Friday 19 March 2010

Sport Relief

Tonight is Sport Relief on the BBC. From 7pm onwards BBC1 will be dedicated to the event. There's been a few things shown on other BBC channels this past week including Eddie Izzards marathons and the million pound bike ride, both of which my mum has very kindly recorded for me for viewing at my leisure.

Something I've probably missed is Phil Packer's 3 Peaks Challenge. Phil was the chap who completed the London Marathon a mile a day on crutches, having been told he'd never walk again. There's a little video about it below, courtesy of Alastair Humphries.


Phil Packer and Kate Silverton climb the Three Peaks for Sport Relief from alastair Humphreys on Vimeo.

I'll be driving when the coverage of Sport Relief starts tonight but I'll watch what I can and catch up with the rest on iPlayer if it's there. I've been so impressed with what people are capable of.

As far as my activities have been going, I had my second climbing lesson on Wednesday which was great. I remembered how to do my knots, had a go at climbing with no hands, tackled an over hang and learnt about falling. Safely. I think I completed a 4+ or maybe a 5. I won't be doing the Reading Half on Sunday but will be supporting Shruti instead (from afar) and maybe going to the British Leisure Show in Windsor in lieu of The Outdoor Show.

Shruti's been making me decide what I want to do for my birthday this year and what I'd like. I'm getting a skateboard :)

No comments:

Post a Comment