Thursday 8 October 2009

Royal Parks Half

It's been a while since I blogged but I've been keeping busy. A few things have happened all at once which have meant less time for blogs and so on. I've been moved to a new assignment at work, involving hotel stays, OU exam is looming next Wednesday, Ben Nevis plans have fallen into place and the Royal Parks half marathon that I'm running is on Sunday.

So evenings have consisted of revision and running. Cycling, cross training and swimming will begin to feature again next week (after a bit of a break). I ran about 10 miles on Sunday and felt great for it and this week I've done 2.5 and 5 miles with a 3.5/4 for this evening, being the last run before the event. I was feeling pretty scared about it earlier but have found renewed faith from somewhere (did it coincide with the new Runners World magazine?) and am really looking forward to it. I'm not aiming for a very fast time. Anything below 2.5 hours will be great and a PB at that distance for me (I wasn't terribly prepared for my previous half, with hindsight). Yes I'm beginning to feel like an athlete.

Thankfully I didn't get into the London Marathon, realistically I wouldn't have time to train properly and I'm looking forward to mixing things up a bit and then having a break after Kili.

I'll let you know how I do on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment