Monday 8 June 2009

This week I have been mostly eating... junk

Firstly I'm completely blown away by the generosity of one of my donors.... thank you doesn't even begin to cover it. I cannot wait to get to the top of that mountain and take that video clip. Thank you for completely blowing my first target of £1k by end of July.

Last week I was pretty active, getting out for a couple of 4.5 mile runs and a 10 mile bike ride. I ate quite well too and lost a couple of pounds in weight, not that I'm trying to, it's just a side effect. At the weekend I was hoping to be clocking up the miles in the Peak District on a camping break but it rained about 60% of the time so instead of wandering over hill and dale more time was spent in Chatsworth house and some very nice pubs, drinking ale, eating bakewell tarts and consuming retro sweets like parma violets and sherbet fountains. We did get a bit active with a few hours at Go Ape! which was brilliant even in the rain. I ache a bit now but more from bruising than real exertion.

Spending time in a tent in the wet and cold has made me realise that my sleeping bag just won't do so I'm going to have to get a better one before the event. I've already got my eye on a couple that aren't too horrendously expensive.

I've got my 10k run this coming Saturday so I want to do at least two more runs before then. Should I get my assignment out of the way early on then I should be able to fit in either a gym session or a bike ride too. And it's back to eating properly. Considering signing up to a half marathon... would that be too much?

I'm still awaiting my collecting tins before I can start accosting people in the street but I'm going door to door and desk to desk until then. I've swapped a couple of emails with another girl who is going on the same event which has been lovely as we won't turn up on the day only knowing the people we signed up with.

Lastly, for this week's news, I'm getting the first on my Hep B jabs on Wednesday. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment