Saturday 25 April 2009

Bad news

Cancer Research have announced that they no longer take part in these open challenges. In real terms that means I can no longer fundraise for them unless I stump up about £1600 to go to Kilimanjaro in the first place. I simply can't afford this so I'm going to have to change my charity. I'll probably support Breakthrough Breast Cancer but will confirm next week some time.

I will have to close my fundraising page and set up a new one. I'm arranging for the money you've donated so far to be refunded and I really hope everyone who supported me so far will donate again when this is all resolved.

It makes me sick to think that we're getting messed around like this. We're trying to do something great and the charity aren't supportive. Ok we hadn't got very far into our fundraising, maybe 7% but I was so excited and it all feels for nothing now. I'm still keen to do the climb so hopefully I'll be back to the same place in a week or so. Good job I didn't send out my fundraiser email to my work colleagues...

Training will continue and kit will be bought (cos I'm going camping anyway). I will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment